Monday 19 December 2016

Button, buttons and more buttons!

I need a few buttons for a project four of us are making in February, so I thought I would make a start and sort them out. I have SO many buttons. Every shape size and colour it was hard deciding which to use.
Many years ago my mother worked in her sister's Fent Shop and one of the things they sold were buttons and often in quiet times they would sit and sew sets of buttons onto card. When the store closed I "inherited" a lot of these buttons. It has been very nostalgic seeing the cards labeled with 1/6d [7 new pence] for six or 2/- [10 new pence] for eight in old money. I bet you cannot buy buttons that cheap these days. Luckily I have enough to last my lifetime!
Bags and boxes of buttons!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...