Saturday 23 March 2013

Post cards

for Jane

for Miriam
I am in a birthday Postcard swap with BQLPC yahoo group, so today have been making some for the April birthdays.

I use machine embroidery for the design, then stick this to the front of very sticky Rufflette pelmet vilene, add a plain piece of fabric to the back of the vilene, machine around the edge and then use a Sharpie pen to write the message and address on. A normal 2nd or 1st class stamp is usually enough postage for those going to this country.

2 comments:

quiltergirl424 said...

What a lovely idea

Joanne said...

wow, these are beautiful.... makes me wish I had not left. But I still have no inspiration on making postcards. I think I need to get some more experience in patchwork first.

hugs, Joanne

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...