Saturday 21 July 2018

Another up & down week

I cannot believe the bad luck we are having at the moment, it seems to go on and on...

First the good news: I attended a sewing day at Bedford and worked on my fish quilt. It was a lovely day with just six of us, chatting and sewing.
Fishes taking shape.
The flooring in the kitchen was replaced and the fitter that damaged it paid the bill.
I also received my mini quilt from the Round Robin I joined on line, which I cannot show you yet.

On the flip side of the parcel from the USA containing my Round Robin quilt the person sending it had marked it as worth $20 and merchandise rather than worth $10 and a gift, which would have been more accurate, so I had to collect it from the Sorting Office and pay £13.50 customs!

My car that should have been mended on Thursday was cancelled the day before, even though the company had quoted for the repair and taken a £50 deposit. Chris managed to find someone else but it will be a replacement job and cost nearly £600!!

To cheer ourselves up we went for a Green Lane Byway day yesterday and were having a really nice day until the last lane before home. It was very rutted, a real roller coaster, and very overgrown, but we are used to that until a really deep rut had the wheels spinning and us going nowhere. Chris started to fix the winch to a tree and start the process of getting it out of the rut, so I wandered further along the lane. It was a really pleasant stroll for me until I came across a large [ and I mean LARGE] tree that had fallen across the lane and there was noway round it.
Eventually Chris managed to get out of the rut and drove to where I stopped him because of the tree, with some major effort he managed to drive over it and a little further on the gate was in view and the end of the horrible lane that had caused so much trouble. Gate locked!!!  We had to turn around and drive all the way back, including over the tree again. I was a complete wreck and the car is also damaged.  Name of the lane Hangmans Lane !



Chris winching himself out of a rut.
Arriving home we discovered the BT house phone was not working and the family had been trying to contact us as my cousin's daughter had sadly died that morning. What a day!


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...