Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Machine Embroidery

A couple of days ago I bought a machine embroidery design from emblibrary to make a Stained glass window picture of Spring. I had seen the picture worked and liked it so much I had to have it!
First came the selection of threads.
The pattern uses Madeira and my embroidery machine shows Brothers Colours but I only use Marathon threads, so it took me quite a while to convert the colour numbers. 

Each block, there are nine of them, takes about 90 to 120 minutes to sew out in a 5 x 9 inch hoop
Here are the first four

I like to use one long piece of fabric, backed with cushion soft and tear away.
I find this saves too much wasted material.
Here are the next three being sewn out.

No comments:

Birthdays

What a busy birthday time at the moment. Sept 22nd Chris celebrated his birthday in Yorkshire on holiday Sept 30th Abigail reached the gra...