Thursday 9 June 2016

A busy few days

5th we attended Brian's 75th birthday BBQ. The sun came out after what seemed like an eternity of gloomy wet days. It was a lovely day with great food and wonderful company. Brian's garden is full of interesting things and pretty flowers.

Brian and Pauline in their garden
I attempted my first selfie..
Just in case you wonder what I look like!


6th was spent mostly in my Happy Room completing some of of my PLAN.  I decided to use the machine embroidered Japanese ladies to make a large bag. It is amazing how many times I seem to need a big bag to take stuff to quilting days, however I want to try and use up some of the fabric that has been lurking in my cupboards for ever! so the bag is pieced with a Japanese print and the lining is Christmas fabric.  At least I can turn it inside out and use it at Christmas for a change of look.
oops forgot to take a photo of the back.

 I also managed to sew the oven pad I had machine embroidered a cockerel on and found, again lurking in the cupboard, chicken fabric for the back.
Back
Front











Daughter in law is off on her business travels so I picked the girls up from school, took them home for a quick change of clothes and something to eat before delivering them at their rhythmic gymnastic class. Long hair has to be put up in a bun. Always a great treat to see the girls.

Fixing their hair ready for gym.
7th four of us got together for a workshop, Christine had organised an owl table mat, and we had a lovely day with windows and doors open sewing the owls. Thank you Christine for organising this day.

Christine, Pauline and Penny in my Happy Room

The completed owl mat, tried to make each one look in a different direction!


While we were all sewing Chris was busy in the garden, giving it a make over.
Clearing out the overgrown circle under the front trees.
The plan is to replace the stones with slate to match the rest of the front garden and the circle of bricks will also be replaced.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...