Friday 6 February 2009

England, Snow and Sewing


While England is in the grip of the snow, schools are closed, roads remain ungritted and everything comes to a stop, I have been working on my quilts and have three of them ready to hand sew the bindings down.
The black and red one is quilted with a fleece backing as a little snuggly quilt.
The light quilt is single size [quilted by me] and will be one of a pair of two for our holiday home. The darker quilt was long arm quilted and I have attached the binding ready to hand sew it down. I will attach full size photo's when they are finished, but I like to save hand sewing for quilt meetings.

2 comments:

kwilta said...

I am a member of BQL also just been browsing through your blog. You have some beautiful pieces of work.
What I really want to know - how do you get the variation in colouring on the Turkey/Chicken. Always puzzled me the way it,s done.
Irene V.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana
I've just finished a Mexican Star too and I'm not sure how to quilt it. How did you do yours?
Pam

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...