Sunday 4 April 2010

The Bedroom makeover


The new quilt is progressing. Using a Tach-it gun I have joined the top, wadding and backing together. Next I have used a creative grids wavy ruler to draw lines in pencil and machine quilted on the lines. This was easy to do, as it was a manageable size, on my Pfaff 7570 sewing machine. Next using the quilt-as-you-go method I have joined this to the middle section on my quilt. I hope to complete the bottom section later this week.
Having tried to buy curtains for my bedroom makeover and not finding any I like I had to stop work on the quilt and make new curtains, they are green and the walls the palest pink.

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

I like the greens with the white; very pretty! I've never thought about using a tach-it gun; do you like the way it works? Have fun quilting! :)

Kathie said...

I used the tack gun a few times with success. My only problem with it was when I cut the plastic tacks off then tended to fly around the room.

kathie L.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is such a neat method of putting sections together...I've never seen it done this way. Thanks for showing it.

Teaquilts said...

Diane, looking forward to seeing it completed. Liking what I see.

Cathy said...

Those are such pretty colours. Looks like spring has arrived in your house.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...