Monday 3 May 2010

Six days North of the border!


Chris had to work for two days in Scotland, and as it was just before a weekend and Bank Holiday I decided to join him and we added a couple of days to make a break.
His first job was in Middlesborough for a couple of hours and then onto Edinburgh, where he worked and I drove out into the countryside to Purely Patchwork a quilt shop at Linlithgow. After this we moved to Loch Lomond where again left to my own devices I took off looking at the lochs and beautiful scenery. Eventually I drove down a track that seemed narrower than the car! even the Highland cow seemed surprised to see me!

Our last 3 nights were spent in Penrith with a visit to Just Sew Patchwork shop [ that's me standing outside the shop ]. Some of the quilts hanging in their workroom were really beautiful and the staff very friendly.
Chris found the James Bond 007 Museum very interesting, they had so many of the cars, tanks, helicopters etc used in the filming.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...