Friday 26 November 2010

Denis arrives!!


I have been looking for some time for a sewing machine to take to workshops and quilt days, I seem to average 2 a week and some are upstairs. My good old Pfaff weighs 12 kg and is just getting too much for me to carry.
Having done as much research as I could I decided on a BSK Creative 9000, and yes you've guest it, the person that sold me it was called Denis.. so that is now the name of the machine!
Yesterday I took it to a quilt day [upstairs] and the 6 kg weight was much better to handle and the sewing machine does so many things I am really impressed.

4 comments:

Lori said...

a brother???

EmmsieLu said...

I was just wondering how you've found this machine?

I'm looking to buy my first machine, and am looking at a Janome 8077, or maybe this. I can't find any reviews anywhere on the net for the Creative 9000, and since it looks like this is the only machine that BSK do under their own make, I can't work out how good it would be.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Emma

Happy Room Diana said...

Emma I am extremely pleased with my Creative 9000, it is easy to use and has lots of the things I really like in a sewing machine, especially for taking to workshops as it only weighs 6kg. I have a number of other machines from a treadle 1919 to a Brother 4000D embroidery machine.

elaine said...

Hi, Have just started sewing again after many years with the dust collecting on my machine! Thought I might look at getting a new sewing machine- it's mind boggling!! The Creative 9000 looks good but I am not a Quilter. I make 'POSH' rag dolls (and other small items) so need to know if this can cope with intricate items please?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Can Denis cope???!!
Regards
Elaine

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...