Monday 6 June 2011

My design Wall


I have all the photos printed on fabric ready for my FAMILY QUILT. Today I finished putting on the first borders and now have to decide how I am actually going to put them together.


In my research I managed to find photos of all my immediate family members back to all eight Great Grandparents, some are photos of paintings. I have also added other photos to make it more interesting, there is a business card from a family member in Hawaii, letter from an uncle while a prisoner of war, wedding announcement from the newspaper for my parents etc etc..

I have used part of a jelly roll, and I now have the rest of the jelly roll to fill in spaces and bulk it out, but how I am going to handle this part of the quilt I have no idea!

9 comments:

quiltergirl424 said...

Absolutely fantastic can't wait to see it.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a family treasure you are creating! You just need to organize the pieces into blocks or rows, and away you go!

Pieces of Time said...

My collection of photos is getting bigger for a project similar to this. Thanks for the nudge to get it going and to start copying thos photos on fabric.
Jane in Kansas

Gari in AL said...

How wonderful. I have thought of a family quilt but never got beyond the thinking stage. I have to repeat: What a treasure!

kwiltnkats said...

What a treasure you'll end up with. There are lots of great books out their with setting ideas. Definitely take the time to make it everything you want it to be. sandi

happydaysquilting said...

It will make a wonderful family heirloom!

Marti said...

I love genealogy and that will be a coveted heirloom. Wonderful that you found pictures that far back too.

Amy said...

I like your family quilt. What a wonderful idea.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is so wonderful!!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...