Friday 20 April 2012

LACE

Tablecloth
About 30 years ago I started to make a lace tablecloth and finished the centre, round two and then round four. It has not seen the light of day for more years than I care to remember.
Eight years ago I retired from teaching bobbinlace and have done very little since.
The visit I made to Patsy and her friends making lace in Florida spurred me on to start making lace again.
I needed something simple and unbelievably found the tablecloth, prickings and thread.. so I am working on winding 59 pairs of bobbins to start round three.

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

one of my quillt groups had a speaker whp makes bobbin lace this last month...facsinating... just not for me xx

Christa said...

Too pretty to be unfinished in a drawer!

Anonymous said...

hi Diana re the lace tablecloth, I have just finished the exact same one and by coincidence it took me 30yrs too!!
Gloria

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...