Saturday 9 November 2013

New Project in the design stage

About two years ago I started saving black, white and red fabric with plans to make a new quilt for our bed. I now think I have enough fabric and I'm "in the mood" to start something new.

I have decided to make a Lone Star on point centre with log cabins surrounding it.
Having played about with rulers and paper I have decided on the star size and think I will make this first. I intend to use the strip method and will cut 1 3/4" strips.
Next I will decide on the log cabin size.. probably be 2" cut [ 1 1/2" finish ] strips. If I have my measurements right I will need about 72 full size log cabin blocks and 12 half size log cabins.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
Some of my fabrics for the new quilt.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...