Monday 29 December 2014

The Christmas jumpers

I'm happy to report the snow went away as quickly as it came, everywhere is now just white with frost and it is SO cold. I ventured out to feed the birds but I'm staying put now until this evening when we are visiting friends.

Husbands I find are so hard to buy Christmas gifts for and until a couple of days before the 25th I only had a car wash mitt for Chris. A friend was machine embroidering a picture onto a bought jumper that I thought looked really good, so I made a mad dash to buy two jumpers [ mostly in case I messed one up!] and I loaded them into my EM. Chris has two loves in his life, well maybe three with me! his old Land Rover and wolves.

I found a ME Land Rover design and stuck sticky to the frame [ I hate that stuff but at least it means there are no hoop marks on the jumper]. I turned the jumper inside out and "stuck" the place I wanted to embroider right side up, pegging the unwanted fabric to keep it from moving under the needle by mistake.
I floated two layers of 'stitch and tear' under the frame, lowered the tension to 3.2 [ default is 4].
Next was to find a blue colour thread as near as I could to his Land Rover, hope no one saw me holding blue threads up to the LR! then away I went watching it every moment to make sure nothing moved or got caught.  Brilliant no problems and I think it looks great.


Next I loaded the second jumper and went through the same procedure to sew out a wolf, except I did not go looking for a wolf to copy its colours [ha ha].

Chris seemed happy with his jumpers and as my embroidery machine broke down a day later I was so glad I managed to finish them.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...