Wednesday 1 July 2015

FlyLady came to visit

Some time ago I joined FlyLady.net  but Only a few days ago I decided to "get with the programme!"
Basically you split your house into Zones and spend 15 mins a day for a week [ except Sunday] in that zone cleaning, decluttering etc..  There are tips about starting some general good habits. Plus lots of ideas and much motivation.
Take a look at her web site, join if you like... it's free.
Every morning and afternoon she emails a message.  You can opt for more messages but two a day is enough for me at the moment.
So far this week I have enrolled Chris to help and each day we do a "job" around the house. He does not know he is a flylady!  The paper recycling bin was extremely full on Monday with copies of census etc that I had been saving from my family research... why??? did I keep all this paper, when I have everything on my computer, plus it is freely available on Ancestry.com and FindMy Past etc.
Both bathrooms have been Spring cleaned and a lot of other jobs that SO needed doing were amazingly done in 15 mins blocks.
I hasten to add I am new to the FlyLadys site and still have a lot to learn, but as she says "baby steps" and
 "You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up;
I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?"

Watch this space if I can keep myself motivated this house is going to shine shine shine!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...