Saturday 31 October 2015

Basket workshop

Coleman's Warehouse at Rushden was the venue for Fridays workshop.
I love going there as the atmosphere is so relaxed and I always learn something new.
Six of us enjoyed the workshop with Trish lining a basket. All the fabric [ 2 metres of it!] plus the basket were provided making this a real bargain workshop for £20.
We were allowed to chose our own fabrics, so mine were blue flowers and pink check.
My friend Christine arrived while I was looking around the warehouse and unknown to me chose the exact same fabrics from the large selection in the store!

Trish cutting fabric in part of the wonderland store.

While making the basket I thought how nice the flowered fabric would be for curtains in my Happy Room, funny the ideas that go through my head!
The thought persisted so a quick text to Chris asking him to measure my window [ funny how he never wonders why I ask these questions when I should be doing something else!]. I then bought the fabric for new curtains, this was not on my plan when I left home.
In fact it turned out to be an expensive visit to Coleman's as I needed batting, plus having said no more Christmas fabric items I then bought a Christmas banner kit.
Apart from the cost I seem to have loaded myself down with a lot of projects to make before Christmas.
My basket before the handles were put back on.
My shopping: Batting, fabric, banner and a polystyrene ring.

It was a great day, plus I filled my loyalty card and get the next workshop for free.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...