Friday 30 October 2015

Sue Sewing Day

Up early to pick up my friend Penny and head off to Bedford for a day sewing with Sue and her gang. I always look forward to these informal sewing days, where we are offered projects to work on, tips and ideas, or we can do our own thing.
For some reason Bedford has often given us a problem when driving there, and Penny and I have seen most of the town by taking the wrong roads, yesterday was no exception! We have been to the Church hall many times, but twice missed the turnings and had to do a quick U turn to retrace our steps, maybe too much talking and then laughing when we went wrong is the reason for the second missed road.
I decided to try and do something with 12, 12 1/2  inch blocks that I had hand sewn years ago, so together with the 328, 3 1/2 inch Tilda fabric squares that I had cut out the day before, I spent my day putting them together.  I must say I am really pleased with the result so far.
So far so good, the fairies are getting the Tilda treatment
Half the quilt made

Made by one of the group I love this idea, a mat for Santa's drink and a little pocket for a note and Rudolph's carrot!

Busy busy busy

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...