Wednesday 25 May 2016

Lancashire

Here we are in sunny, well we had one day of sun, Lancashire. In fact the weather has not been too bad and we have been out and about. Bispham Green is a small village and the farm we are staying on has two converted barn cottages. This is ours...

View of the Maltkiln cottage

Chris soon settled in

the chickens left us some wonderful eggs for breakfast


The kitchen has everything we need, not that I intend using it too much!
Bedroom leading to the bathroom

All on one level makes for easy living
This is to be a fairly lazy week, but we did venture into Southport and a sign for a craft fair at the Botanical Gardens was to good to miss. There were quite a few stalls selling things I had not seen before, including a wonder cure for arthritic knees. I bought a pot needless to say.

Cakes, candles, pictures etc etc

Lunch at the Red Squirrel was delicious. I had ribs and CJ had steak.

A morning spent at the Preston Temple was a real treat.

The grounds of the temple were at their best, with every colour of Rhodedendron.
It has taken me four days to get around to making a blog post, mostly because I have been working on my family tree and spending far too much time on the computer. I have also managed to work on my Mini Mania quilt block.



2 comments:

Christa said...

Renting a cottage with resident hens leaving you eggs would be a dream come true for me. Major envy.

Christa said...

Glad you posted about the eggs. I had no idea something like this existed.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...