Tuesday 22 November 2016

Another year older

Sorry for the blog post delay but I have just not felt like making conversation while trying to get back on my feet. It is now four weeks since the new knee and although each day brings a little improvement I am getting bored and frustrated with the recovery process.
Two more Physio visits since my last post mean I now walk with just one stick and the bend in the knee joint is improving. The hospital also gave me another pair of white elastic stockings so at least both legs look the same and I have lost the Zebra look.

Some of my many birthday cards
Sunday I clocked up another birthday and the get well cards had to come down to make room for the many birthday cards I received. Amongst my gifts were five balls of sock wool and the Stylecraft Attic 24 kit for the up and coming CAL (crochet along) that starts in January. I think I am going to be busy this winter with needles and hook.
Five balls of 4ply sock wool will keep my busy

My embroidery machine has seen some action, and I have managed to start work on an Allison quilt with blocks by Sweet Pea design. I had prepared everything to work on this project before I went into hospital but it has taken me a while to feel like doing it. I am now really enjoying the blocks.
The first eight machine embroidery blocks

While sitting with my leg encased in a cold cuff to try and get the swelling down I have been busy working on another pair of socks, one is finished and the partner started. I love seeing the different colours of the wool appear and especially like turning the heels.
Sock knitting and hot chocolate... yummy




1 comment:

Ellen said...

pleased your back...love the socks

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...