Friday 19 May 2017

BSK day

A day spent at BSK [Bedford Sewing & Knitting] was really nice. Once I had decided what I wanted to machine embroider it was quite a relaxing day.
This is the sample bag that I intend to work on
 Hooped up Tear Away, then Cushion soft and a layer of calico.
Loaded the pattern into the machine, it is in three parts.
Chose six different black and white fabrics and a reel of Red Marathon thread.

Joining section one to two.
Using just the one colour saved some brain power! I usually find it difficult to decide on thread colours. Eventually I had to make two "crazy patchwork pieces of fabric" which will form the back and the front of the bag.
Completed the crazy patchwork and now have to find time to make them into a bag, watch this space!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...