Tuesday 10 September 2019

The cake

My granddaughter has requested a red velvet cake for her birthday, and I thought I would have a go at making one for her [from a kit!].
But as I cannot remember the last time I made a cake I thought a trail was needed.
I found two cake tins, very ancient and slightly different sizes but hey ho!

My trail cake is a carrot cake, and it is looking pretty good, ready to try a slice with afternoon cuppa.

Downside, I am still on my diet and the Nutracheck app I use allows me to put in all the ingredients and it works out the calorie content.
4420 cals ! So mine will be a small piece to taste.

Think I need to stick to sewing, no calories involved.


1 comment:

Christa said...

Where is the red velvet? Ha-ha

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...