Saturday 14 August 2010

TWO UFO's come out of the cupboard

In a frantic clear up / sort out in my workroom before 7 of us needed to use it for a craft meeting, I found two patchwork tops waiting for batting and backing... and then of course quilting!

Goodness knows how long they have been hiding themselves away! These photos show the Bears in the Farmhouse quilt [72"x 86"] made with instructions from Judy Laquidara.
The other is a [56" x 56"] Bento box quilt top [forgot to take picture while it was laid out].
BOTH are now attached to batting and backing using my "gun" and ready for machine or hand quilting.. I have yet to decide. When I use my "gun" I find the best results by going in and out on the top to make a fixed hold.. click on photo to see a close up.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Happy you have luck with that gun. I used it many years ago and could not get them all out of the quilt. Guess I didn't get them all in right. LOL. Pretty quilts have fun quilting them. I have a question about your rooster, have seen this in a magazine is it painted on the fabric?

Laurie said...

That's how I always did it. It worked great for me for years. I like the border treatment of your bearpaws, I'm taking notes for my bearpaws.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...