Wednesday 9 August 2017

Thread painting Day

Four of us decided to have a get together, with three of us having a go at thread painting.
I had been on a course to learn the technique many many years ago, so we followed the instruction I had been given, while I tried to remember enough to show Penny and Christine what I had learnt.
Pauline was busy working on a pretty blue Christmas quilt.
So much "stuff" on the tables, there was no room for the sewing machines we needed after the painting was completed.
In case you were wondering we were not having a beauty session the hairdriers were for drying the paint!
It was a great fun day with hopefully some learning along the way. All three of us wanted to try our hand at improving our techniques.

This is my sample that we were working towards

I had completed the painting previously and worked on the machining.
Love the odd poppy here and there.

As the saying goes "Practice makes perfect" 

Samples worked on the course I took at Missenden XXX years ago.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...