Thursday 11 January 2018

Batik workshop

Great workshop day with Trish at Coleman’s. The theme was Batik and we were allowed to choose eight different Batiks, not an easy thing to do when they have so much choice. Only advice was to choose a lighter one for the centre squares. Having made my choice I set up my sewing machine and went shopping!
Well what is a girl to do, when your early for class and they have a lot of sale items! Two new Sizzix dyes and a pile of fabric I am sure I do not need, but it was a bargain, came home with me.
There were only four of us on the workshop which was really nice as we all got to know each other.
Lots of back breaking fabric cutting ( wish I could sit down to cut) and then the nice bit, joining it altogether again.
Time ran out for putting the wadding and backing on, but I choose a plain purple fabric and it should not take too long to complete the runner. Although I may make it into a cover for a computer gadget Chris has asked me to cover.




1 comment:

Christa said...

Have you ever seen my "four log cabin blocks at a time (the German way)" on my blog? I thought it was fun. Love your project.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...