Friday 23 February 2018

SEVEN BAGS

Some time ago I went on a workshop to make a batik table runner. I managed to finish the top but that was as far as it went. I decided when I got home I did not like it as a table runner so it sat in the "I will do something with it" pile.

Table runner before cutting into six pieces
After all my de-cluttering I fancied an easy sewing job and took the table runner apart into six double block pieces. With my fabric now easy to find in its new order I quickly located suitable fabric for lining and completing the new bag idea I had. I also needed a bag for a set of game pieces.. so I prepared seven bags and have spent today making them.  For cord I used thick Kumihimo braid that I already had. So no expense was involved.

Six bags from the table runner and one extra for the game pieces

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...