Tuesday 30 April 2019

April ends

Since my last post, when I thought Summer or at least Spring had arrived, it has turned cold and the odd heavy shower has fallen on us. This morning it is extremely foggy, but tomorrow is May 1st so hopefully the weather will improve.
Both of us have been struck down with terrible coughs and colds AGAIN!  There seems to be a virus going around and around, everyone getting it.
Easter display
Easter Sunday and the family came for dinner and a Chocolate bunny hunt [ One is still missing 9 days later!] Church in the morning was very uplifting and the perfect way to start Easter Sunday.

A friend from church has been collecting for a Charity sale in aid of a cancer patient, I was more than pleased to donate a couple of quilts.  Not sure if I have ever put them on my blog so here they are...
Scrappy ribbon quilt with fleece backing

Pinwheel lap quilt

The raised bed near my kitchen door has been emptied of very overgrown herbs and weeds, so I thought I would give it a try and plant runner beans  [Scarlet Emperor] with a row of carrots in front.
The netting is to keep the cats off until things start to grow. A car boot sale buy of a bag of canes plus a wooden expanding trellis that I had will be the beans support. Watch this space!
Runner beans and carrots

To get me sewing again I like to invite three friends to join me for the day. Last week Dorn and Christine joined me [ Judith was unable to come] and we had a great sewing day. I worked on a UFO black white with a dash of red quilt. This quilt was started about 10 or 15 years ago and I can now see the end is in sight.

Today three other friends are joining me and I have the room ready and four smaller projects to work on. A lap quilt, a Japanese bag, 2 Christmas bags and the cover for a foot stool, probably over ambitious in a 5 hour session!
Room ready for today


No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...