Wednesday 31 July 2019

Round Robin 2019

I again decided to join the Round Robin with the Cotton Robin blog group.

It was a rush to get my block sent off to Nan as I arrived home from holiday a few days before the deadline .  It arrived in Oregon just a couple of days late.
My original block
I then received this beautiful block from Cindy in the USA
It was hard to decide what border to add, so I turned to my EQ7 quilt program for inspiration.
Pretty block to work on
The borders I added before posting it onto Laurina in New Zealand
The next block arrived from Tish Fisackerly, she had added the blue border to the first round block.
I turned it on its side and added a new colour

Blue second border added by Tish.



Next I recieved this block, my task was to add the batting, backing and quilt it then bind it.
A much travelled quilt, as it was sent from the USA to the UK and for some reason returned to the USA! Back to the UK again for Kate to complete her round before posting it to me.

The finished quilt posted to Tish in the USA

My bird flew home again, beautifully finished by Clare.
Thank you to all that worked on my bird block.
Click here for the BIG REVEAL of all the quilters taking part.



2 comments:

Christa said...

You do lovely work. I would never mind if you happen to get to work on my Cotton Robin.
And I do like your bird!

Laurina said...

Your little bird quilt is one of my favourite finishes this year. I think the other quilters did a great job adding to it.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...