Saturday 5 October 2019

Knitting a dress for a fox!

Recently I purchased the book Knitted Animal Friends by Louise Crowther as I fancied a new project, seem to be doing a lot of that lately!
I do think it is good to keep the brain cells working as I approach 75 years of age.
I would not call myself a knitter, especially of fiddly little clothes so this is quite a challenge.

My first chosen project is the Fox, so off went an order for Scheepjes cotton yarn to Wool Warehouse. A couple of days later a lovely squishy package arrived with the colours I had choosen.  Now to sort the Knitting needles, opps I do not have what is required but will make do with the correct gauge and stick stoppers on the ends of DPNs to use as straight needles.  I then find I do not have any needles 2.75mm which is needed for actually knitting the fox, so eager to start I started with the dress. 
After deciphering the double Dutch of the pattern and deciding just cast on and have a go, I managed with a few mistakes to make the dress. I could not fathom the picot edge and thought I was going to run out of the blue yarn so made the dress shorter and did what I thought would be OK for the hem.
It is far from brilliant and I will have another go and ask one of my ‘knit friends’ how to do the picot edge.



Next the messenger bag, this was easy and the instructions for knitting the I-cord simple enough for me to follow... bingo a bag.




I now have the needles to actually knit the fox, so watch this space...

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...