Sunday, 19 October 2014

Fly Jab Yes or No?

Yesterday we went for our annual flu jabs, my opinion is better to be safe than sorry. Last year I had a sore arm for a couple of days but this year I had forgotten I had it by the end of the day. Chris on the other hand has it as he is in the "at risk" group and has been suffering every since with a sore arm he cannot lie on and it is red and hot. [ A well know side effect].

After the flu jabs I went to Nene Quilters Day. A large hall of about 100 ladies attended to celebrate the groups 25th Anniversary. There were displays of quilts [ why didn't I take photos!!] traders and two large celebration cakes. After our packed lunches Sally from Threads and Patches gave us a talk about her life as a quilter, she is so entertaining and has some great ideas.
The next speaker was Jan Sharpe and although she had great ideas she showed them through a film show and there were quite a few people asleep. At the end of the film show she produced the quilts she had shown on the slides... such a shame she did not show them as she talked.

The day continued with a visit to our friends Dorn and Bill for a delicious meal of salmon that Bill had caught in Scotland and vegetables and fruit from their garden. This was followed by a late evening of playing cards. I was so tired when we got home at midnight that my head hardly touched the pillow before I was asleep.

1 comment:

quiltergirl424 said...

Fly jab ????? We are having ours next week. Toyed with the idea of going to Nene Quilters but decided not to. Anyway slide show and I would definately have been one of those asleep...

Summer school holidays with the girls

Oh dear... friends are emailing me to see what has happened to my blog, it has been so long since I wrote anything!  So here is a bit of a c...