Saturday 11 October 2014

My first car WAC348

As there was some interest in my mentioning in an earlier post about my first car I thought I would give you a little more information and show you a picture. 
From about 1963 to 1970 I lived in Knightsbridge London with my first husband, we owned a Chauffeur driven car hire company. Leslie Caron, and many other stars, lived very near to us, and many were customers. Leslie was one of our customers and for some reason had a Morris Traveller that she no longer wanted and gave it to me.
I was wanting to learn to drive so it was an ideal car for that purpose. I wish I still had the car.

Leslie Caron, born on July 1, 1931 in Boulogne-sur-Seine, was a French
actress and dancer. She died on September 19, 2014 at the age of 83. My favourite films of hers are GiGi and Chocolat.

On a visit to my parents in their new house in Northampton these photos were taken. The field showing at the end of their new garden is now a large estate of houses. Who knew then that one day I would be living in one of those houses with the best husband I could ask for.

The poodle was named Elvis but my Dad said he could not stand in the garden calling "Elvis" so he became Fritz.

My Mum died two years ago she would have been 100 next week.

5 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

How lovely! & interesting!

Christa said...

Love this story with all its tid-bits.

Unknown said...

A first car is always integral to the growth of our being, in the same way a first house or a first job is. It's what sets us up to be adept and equipped enough to tread our paths on our own, and to deal with the rest. Every era brings a car that is not only the right one, but the sound one. Nice to read about how you found yours. That should be an inspiration to all those who are just going out to buy themselves a new one at this point. Thanks for sharing!

Diana Hayes @ Baldwin Subaru

Douglass said...

That is a really great picture. My grandfather has kept all of the cars that he has ever bought. He only gets a new one every 10 years but he does have about 6 out in the yard. It is funny to see the progression of cars one the decades. I love going out there with him and just listening.

Douglass @ Viva Kia

Cedrick said...

It is always fun to hear my mom talk about her first cars. She had a few classics and they were always great colors. I think she had an orange VW beetle and a few other brightly colored cars. They just do not make cars like they used to make them. The classics I have seen just seem more tough.

Cedrick @ Viva Chrysler Dodge Jeep

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...