Friday 19 September 2014

Day 22 charity market

11am was he start of the charity market so Pauline, Pat and I set off in time for the opening. There were a number of stalls selling, clothes, cards, jewellery, etc.etc all in aid of the charity Help Mercia Mar Menor. This charity helps people of all ages with all sorts of problems.

I managed to buy a blouse, still new with its tags on, and a few odds and ends. I also bought a fancy net curtain that I think will be perfect for my summer house. It cost the princely sum of €1.5, just over £1, so will not break the bank if it does not fit.

For quite a while (actually since I bought the summer house) I have wanted to smarten it up with nice curtains and cushion seats etc. maybe my new curtains will give me the incentive to get it sorted this winter ready for the Spring.

We spent a lazy afternoon, played some crib and sat in the sun. Then we went out to eat and tried a new resturant at Alcazares. The food was delicious we choose from the fixed price evening menu, Chris had salmon cakes starter, then steak followed by a pancake, I had a chicken kebab starter, followed by fish and chips (I just love fish and rarely cook it myself) with ice cream dessert. €14 each.

Back home we closed the house up, having a bit of a problem with the man next door smoking a cigar that wafts into our house, and watched Mrs Henderson Presents on the TV.

Thought you might like to see our weather forecast for the next week... They keep saying it will rain but it never does.

 

 

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...