Thursday 28 May 2015

A million Miles !

Set off at 8.15am to pick up Penny and travel to Bedford for a days workshop with Sue and Annette. It had been some time since we had attended one of their workshops, and since I travel to different events in Bedford I took the right road to a Quilt Day but the wrong road to the church where we meet! Trying to find our way back through Bedford was a nightmare but eventually we found our way to the workshop.
It was so nice seeing all the old friends there. Two workshops were on offer, a beach scene and a Baby/Beach bag. However I decided to make another little bag like the one I made last week, only exception I wanted to add a zip to the top.

Sixteen of us enjoying a workroom at St Marks Church
I think my head was somewhere else, probably going around the streets of Bedford, and I made a real mess of it. After lunch, out came the zip and the bag was soon completed.
Rather than tackle another bag I crocheted a few flowers until it was time to go home.

My pink bag [ no zip!]
There were road works on the way to Bedford and by the time we left they had closed the road back to Northampton. A very scenic journey, including a stop to put the SAT Nav on, eventually helped us find our way back home. Goodness knows how many extra miles we did on this trip.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...