Friday 15 May 2015

Linus Quilts

Thursday was Poppy Patch sit-n-sew day.
My knees were really playing me up and the thought of climbing the stairs to the workroom nearly put me off going, but I had a few things I could do without a sewing machine so I went.

I started my day with cutting a large pile of charm squares that were sewn to cream squares on the diagonals and then ironing them open. It was a bit boring but went quickly chatting to the friends around me. They are part of Abigail's quilt that I am making.

I had two Linus quilts needing the bindings sewn down, another job I'm not too keen on, but I quickly managed to get both of them done.

Sometime ago I completed another Linus quilt and now I have three ready to go to a child in hospital or distress. The Linus movement do such great work providing quilts for children not only in hospital but also in women's refuge houses, those that have lost a parent etc etc..

My target for this year was to make four but I have already made five and hope to make more as the year goes on.
Linus quilt made from a charm pack and pretty backing fabric I "found" in my stash

Another charm pack used and again backed with stash fabric

ABC fabric and jigsaw fabric backed with "vegetables"

1 comment:

Josie said...

Beautiful quilts and for such a worthy cause!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...