Sunday 21 August 2016

An interesting bag pattern

Yesterday I decided to make a new handbag for my holiday, with only a week to go and having the granddaughters for the week I really should have been doing something else... hey ho!

Janelle MacKay designed the Butterfly Sling Purse that I thought would be ideal for holding passport and credit cards etc.  Two days ago I ordered zip by the yard, magnetic clasps and and swivel clasps on EBay and they all arrived yesterday so I was ready to go.

Wow what a lot of pieces to make such a little bag. Outside fabric, lining fabric, fusible fleece and interlining plus clear vinyl and all the hardware.

Inside are pockets for 12 credit cards, I decided six pockets were enough for a holiday purse. I also changed the handle as I like a fixed across the body handle.

This is going to be such a handy holiday bag and even though I was sewing into the evening I managed to complete it. I love love love it.
Such a smart little purse/bag

Room for six credit cards a passport and odds and ends

Opens out to two concealed pockets, one with zip and one open plus a vinyl window for and ID card.

1 comment:

Christa said...

That is a clever little bag. I am impressed!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...