Thursday 24 May 2018

Sewing with friends

Such has happened in the past few days, not that I am complaining, it is wonderful to have such a  full diary.
Saturday 19th was the Royal wedding of Harry and Megan, now the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the sun shone and I am sure no one who saw the event did not have a smile on their face, it was just perfect and I watched every minute of it on TV. Even managed to do a little knitting.

Sunday Chris was a volunteer for the Race for Life at Corby, starting at 5.30am he helped setting up and rescuing anyone that needed it. A count of his steps pointed out he had walked further than the 10km racers! I had a lazy morning and church in the afternoon.

Tuesday four of us got together for a sewing day in the Happy Room, we all worked on different projects and I managed to complete a child's Peter Rabbit quilt that will be donated to a charity.
I also managed to make a cover for my new sewing machine from two UFO machine quilted blocks.
It was a very relaxed day spent with friends.
Love this EM design

Reverse of the sewing machine cover

A simple 6 fat quarter cut into 5inch squares child's quilt

Love the fabric

The same day Church were holding an evening auction to raise money for the youth camping trips. Items were donated and pledges of services offered. I donated a quilt and a day quilting in my Happy Room. Much to my amazement the quilt fetched 25 pounds and the day 50 pounds.
As I write the total money raised is over One Thousand pounds.


The ribbon quilt designed by my friend Christa, in the process of being made by me.
This was auctioned and raised 25 pounds

Yesterday was a Green Lane day... more on another post.

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...