Friday 11 May 2018

The new sewing machine

Having been on a workshop recently I decided I really needed a new lighter sewing machine to take to workshops. My choice must have needle up/down, a needle threader and a small range of different stitches. I decided on a Janome CXL 301, it looked like it had everything I needed and was within my price range of a maximum £350.

Now to find someone selling it on offer, or with extras [ maybe free delivery]... everywhere it seemed to be £319. While looking for something else on a local Market Place facebook group I came across the same machine I was looking for. The write up said it had only been taken out of the box once and was not used again, being a sceptic about such an advert I asked to go and see it. It was exactly as described without a mark on it. The person selling it did machine embroidery for a living and already had other machines so was not using it.

£220 and I have a new toy, and I love it.
Need to make a pretty cover for it

The seller threw in a walking foot and a load of other feet.
I will have great fun exploring what all the feet do.
ps. Anyone any ideas what I should spend the £100 I saved on? I'm thinking wool and fabric!!

No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...