Monday 14 December 2020

St Marys Church Burton Latimer

After my visit to the dentist this morning I needed a treat, so we went to St Mary’s Church at Burton Latimer, so closely related to my family.

First we visited my Dad’s tree, when he was interred we were unable to have a head stone but we could plant a tree with a stone.
Next to see my Mum and her four siblings plots.
Yellow Polyanthus were always her favourite plant and yellow the easiest to see as she was blind towards the end of her life.

 
The Church with a tree decked out with homemade sayings.
A few of the very many painted stones that line to path to the church and around the corner.

A life size Nativity which is lit up at night.
Well worth a visit and such a lovely scene.
















1 comment:

Vera said...

A lovely Church looks like its in a quiet setting so peaceful

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...