Tuesday 8 December 2020

Jelly Roll Ripples

I tried and tried to resist, but my Pandemic brain gave in !
I’m blaming everything on the Pandemic!!

Pat Sloan suggested making a Jelly Roll Quilt on her blog page and I was in the middle of my Red Barn quilt so thought I would pass. Little did I know there would be lots of people making it and I already had a Jelly Roll and plenty of other fabric, so yesterday I started it. 
The pattern called Jelly Roll Ripples is free on the Fat Quarter Shop website, with lots of other freebies.
The Fabric Freedom Jelly Roll is called Farmyard Green and I thought would make a great quilt to donate to either a boy or a girl.

There are five different designs in the Jelly roll, which is perfect as 35 blocks each use a strip [the 5 I have left over will be used in the binding]




I cut out a few Jelly roll strips and a few of the contrast strips from a piece of fabric left over from another project.
Man O Man did this sew up quickly, within a short while I had nine blocks made.

The five different jelly roll strips.

Really recommend this project if you want a quick and easy quilt, especially if you have a jelly roll lurking  in the back of your fabric stash.



1 comment:

Vera said...

I have got a Jelly Roll in my box of Fabrics, looks an easy pattern, will look it up Thanks for showing this

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...