Friday 12 February 2021

A Cross Stitch UFO completed

In the late 1980’s I was mad keen on cross stitch and completed many projects both small and large.
One of these projects, The Mighty Samurai, started in 1999 never did get finished.
I decided to take another look at it and realised the reason it never was completed was all the outlining and back stitching, both of which I hate doing.
Rather than let it live forever in the drawer I completed the fan, hands and feet and called it a day...

Mounted it on board attached a Command hook and it now hangs on my ‘Computer Wall’.
I love it, even without all the outlining.
 12 x 18 inches, pattern part of the Gold collection by Dimensions bought in France for 2838 French Francs.

Wonder what else is lurking waiting to be finished in my Embroidery drawer...




1 comment:

Vera said...

Thats lovely, lots of work in it, the outlining takes a long time. Some years ago I did one with a lady wearing red so many different shades then the gold beads & gold thread, all fine until our cat knocked the beads over, he use to try to help me. Had a break from x stitch then last summer did a kit I had of the "Greek Steps" looks nice on the wall. At the moment just a small one like an old fashioned Sampler. Its icy cold here today parked on the sea front had a short walk along the greensward so cold came home. Have a good weekend

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...