Friday 26 February 2021

February comes to an end

Well here we are at the end of February. The news is we are coming out of Lockdown, slowly but hopefully surely.
Schools are back open from March 8th and Caravan sites from April 12th.

It is a mad scramble to get a caravan site as all those, like us, with booking around Easter have to change their dates. Luckily we already have a booking for April, three days after our second vaccine.

During the month I have gradually been working on my Women of the Bible Quilt and reading their stories. I now have all the main blocks done and need to work on the ‘filler’ blocks. My design curtain is not big enough to hold all the blocks, this is going to be a BIG quilt.
I now have 13 Pinwheels, 16 x 4 patch and 21 Flying geese to make before I can start putting it together.

Under the pile of blocks on my table are the Barn and Elephant quilts back from the Long Arm Quilter and waiting for their bindings.

I managed to complete a pair of basic socks a couple of nights ago.
I use the same pattern so much I have laminated it!
Interesting how the wool makes the different patterns when knitted up.

I also treated myself, having tried to resist, to the Winwick Mum new Seasons book and wool.



When the parcel arrived there were two of the Winter Blue and no Spring green, but the shop are sending me the missing ball of yarn and told me to keep the duplicate. I may knit myself a new pair of mitts with the extra Winter blue. Matching socks and mitts, whatever next!!

I was keen to start another pair, my TV knitting to stop me falling asleep!
I prefer to use the square 2.5 DPN [double pointed needles]. If you’ve never tried square needles give them a go, they are so much easier on these old hands of mine.
Having tried small, medium and large circular and a number of different needles, I always come back to my comfort  DPNs.
The yarn is Summer Sunset Signature 4ply, made in Yorkshire by West Yorkshire Spinners. The label says Reared, Sheared and Spun in Britain.







2 comments:

Vera said...

Will you get the quilt quilted professionally as its so big? Interesting to read about the women as well & their stories in the Bible. Have a good weekend

Happy Room Diana said...

Yes it already has its place booked at the LAQ, just need to complete it.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...