Thursday 11 February 2021

Coldest night

Man oh man was it cold last night! 
It’s the first time in a long while that the pond froze over, the only area not frozen was under the water cascade.
The icicles look really pretty this morning when I ventured out to feed the birds.

A few days ago, before the BIG freeze arrived, I managed to fill my new tubs with a straw base, potting compost and water retaining gels, ready for planting. 
All twelve of them ! They will go around the edge of part of the pond, where we get the most trouble from the local heron.
I sent for some seeds to cheaply fill them with plants / vegetables as I think it will be a long time before we are able to shop for plants and that’s a lot of pots to fill.

The first sign of better things to come
I adore daffodils, and add a bunch to my weekly grocery delivery.










1 comment:

Vera said...

Pretty with the icicles, ours are still here along with the snow, hope it will soon go as missing our daily walk & seeing the sea. Keep warm & safe

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...