Saturday 17 April 2021

Using up the scraps

I have a large hamper of scraps, so decided to use them to make a ‘house’ quilt.

So far there does not seem to be even a dent in the pile.
Just playing with scraps to machine embroider a house wall hanging probably to hang over the bed, but may just be a fun quilt.
Considering the last ‘house’ quilt made by machine was just red and white, this is a big change for me, just picking up random fabrics. Although as you will see i am using the same sky and grass fabrics, cannot sew too much random!!
I hope to get a few more sewn today before we go on our first caravan trip this year.

Chris has been busy using the Motor Mover to move the caravan to the drive before Mr Tesco delivers all the food for the trip direct to its door.
Sneaking round the house from its new parking space to the drive ready for the off tomorrow.






3 comments:

Vera said...

Enjoy your Holiday, the forecast seems quite good next week. Its still windy & cool on the east coast but had a walk by the sea this morning & a Hot Chocolate. I have lots of fabric, lots of 5 inch squares that I will make into 10 minute blocks for a quilt and give to a Charity. When I was working & we lived in Enfield use to make lots of quilts for Project Linus since we retired & moved her 8 yrs ago not made on for them. Made 2 for my Nephew one when he was born & another when he was a Toddler, he is now 7 yrs old. Keep looking at the squares so must get sewing.

Christa said...

I love the houses. Looking forward to the vacation report. Safe travels!

Christa said...

I love the houses. Looking forward to the vacation report. Safe travels!

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...