Friday 28 June 2019

Lace Exhibition

Delapré Abbey in Northampton was chosen by The Lace Guild to display the exhibition of competition ‘Discovery’ lace.
On a sunny afternoon Chris and I visited the Neo-classical Mansion, former Abbey of St Mary de la Pre, to see the lace.

The lace is displayed in two rooms and what a treat. Two lacemaker’s were sitting at their pillows and we were told the story of the lace by a friend I had not seen in many years... thanks Anne.




















Such a varied collect of lace and all beautifully made. Makes me want to get my lace pillow out and move some bobbins, something I haven’t done for many years.   Well worth a visit and on show Wed-Sun until August 2nd.


2 comments:

Christa said...

Aaahhh! Sigh!

Susan said...

These pieces are stunning. I have seen demonstrations of bobbin lace twice. I admire the craft and the women who are carrying the craft forward for future generations.

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...