Monday 28 September 2020

Last Monday in September

Well here we are the end of September in sight. Hard to believe October will be with us this week as we head into the Winter. After a very cold windy day yesterday the sun is shining and the wind has dropped, I may venture into the garden to plant some bulbs into my raised beds.

The Covid rules are still well and truly with us, but last week I set up the Happy Room with tables at each end and a friend joined me for a sewing day. It was lovely to see Dorn and chat the day away, plus do a little sewing. 

I worked on my Birthday Cake Quilt and this morning the final border went on and it is ready for the wadding and backing. I intend to quilt it myself in a simple design.
My holder upper of quilts has hurt his back so I stood  on a stool over my table to take the photo.
I have enjoyed making this fairly easy quilt and pleased with the summer feel of the finish.

 I really like this book and the way everything is explained.
There are patterns for 16 different quilts based on Layer Cakes [10 x 10 inch fabric squares] and each pattern is named after a cake.
Mint Choc Chip, Banana, Peaches’n cream to name but a few, plus of course the Birthday Cake Quilt top that I have just completed.

My ironing board was in dire need of a new cover, and I had a scrap of this jolly car fabric that was just big enough to make a quick cover.
I do not remove the old covers as I like the feel of the padded board, there are probably half a dozen covers on it at the moment.
Notice behind the ironing board the stack of Leaders and Enders is steadily growing.


1 comment:

Vera said...

What a lovely selection of fabrics you have used in the quilt, makes a grey day seem more cheerful. Its been grey, cold & windy on the Essex coast for a few days, not seen the sun for ages now

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...