Thursday 24 September 2020

New quilt projects

On Monday I started the Birthday Cake Quilt featured in the Perfect 10 Quilts book, published by The Fat Quarter Shop.
I thought this was an appropriate quilt to start this week as it’s Chris’s 70th birthday week and we will not mention my Fat Quarter!!
Such a nice selection of fairly easy designs.

Preparing the fabric from stash.

Starting the sewing process, still using Starters and Enders, which reminds me I must prepare some more, its amazing how many little blocks I’ve made without even thinking about it.

Found after much searching on Ebay...
I have wanted a set of these letters for quite a while, and bingo! I managed to find a pack of 2 sets on Ebay for 20p ! 
Such a bargain even with postage they were only a pound.   What did I want them for??

Answer is to super glue to pins [thanks Chris I hate super glue] and use to mark fabrics that I cut for different patterns.
I have tried using pieces of paper, sticky notes and a number of things but usually they fall off... the pins will hold the markers securely.
I am preparing to make 3 Christmas cushions and the fabric pieces are very similar in size.




No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...