Friday 2 October 2020

October has arrived

October has arrived and it is pouring with rain after a lovely bright sunny day yesterday, definitely feels very autumnal.

A few days ago I went into town for an eye test, my first trip to town since the pandemic, what a dreary place Northampton has become, with many shops closed and a good clean would do wonders.
Northampton being famous for its shoe industry someone had the bright idea to put shoe statues everywhere, which I am sure looked great the day they were put there, but now are all chipped and full of rubbish.

The eye test confirmed I need new glasses, I could not decide between two pairs, so ordered them both!  It was that kind of day.

Really disappointed with this snowflake quilt, and intend to make it again. It was a mystery sew along, and I am not good taking part in mysteries, I always like everyone else’s version. I love the snowflakes that were made with just two colours, especially if they had dark backgrounds.

Yesterday I took my Bringing Home the Christmas Tree quilt, together with the wadding and backing, to the Long arm quilter. Now I cannot wait to get it back and put  the binding on it. In preparation I have cut out the binding and sewed the strips together.

saw this on Facebook and it’s just how I have been feeling lately.

Stay safe everyone as many places go back into Lockdown and there are more and more restrictions on what we can and cannot do.
Love to read your comments, so please feel free to leave me one.  Diana


1 comment:

Vera said...

Find it hard when I need new glasses as can not see what they look like without glasses on, oh well all the fun of getting older. The need to take them of to thread a needle or see small writing. The shoes looked impressive, my sister is moving to that area soon so will tell her about them

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...