Saturday 17 October 2020

Saturday 17th and its all go

Firstly my youngest granddaughter, Eleanor,  became a teenager this morning ! How did that happen?
She is a real animal lover and spends a lot of time helping at an animal rescue centre, plus doing very well at school.

Exciting lunch time when four hot air balloons flew over our house. One of them was struggling to gain height and it was beginning to look like he might land in our garden, but luckily he didn’t!

Chris emptied an area of garden that had become very overgrown, Once we can get new wood to edge it I intend to make it a wild flower garden hopefully full of colour. I bought a couple of Bee Bags that I hope will do the job. A Bee Bag is a hessian bag full of wild flower seeds in clay balls, especially for attracting bees and wild life.

I planted up 4 trays of 6 pansies into the black tubs behind the pond to give some winter colour.
You cannot beat pansies, they always look like they are smiling.

Talking of ‘colour’ just look at the colour of my Acer that I bought years ago and planted in a double pot [plastic pot inside a clay pot] it rarely gets any love but puts on the most wonderful show every winter.

My sister gave me a tray of succulents, so I managed to get them planted to match a ready planted container she gave me. 
The two sit side by side on my patio steps.

It’s also Autumn in the Happy Room, I am making leaves on my embroidery machine, using scraps of fabric from my scrap hamper.
You will have to wait to see the final design.

Thanks for making my day and leaving a comment. All comments are read before they appear on my blog. 




1 comment:

Vera said...

The colours in the leaves look so real, look forward to seeing what you are making, have a good day

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...