Monday 5 October 2020

Quilting, carrots and Facebook

Quilting, carrots and facebook sounds like a strange recipe!

I started machine quilting my latest quilt, the Birthday Cake Quilt, I really am not very good at this and struggle with such large pieces of fabric but the only way I know to get to a finished quilt is to quilt it. Hand sewing is definitely out, as is paying for it to be long arm quilted unless its for a special gift.
I try to use simple designs and take my time, as soon as shoulders and hands start to ache I do something else.
Chris walked into my Happy Room and said I need a machine with a larger throat, hope he told Santa !

Our first carrots straight from the garden container... they were delicious.

A couple of blog posts ago I said how I dislike this snowflake quilt. Pat Sloan, who I follow on Facebook asked us to put up a photo of a quilt we would like to do again and the reason. I put up my snowflake and it received Seven hundred and Ninety One likes or comments, most people saying they like it and I should finish it and donate it, or make it into a tablecloth or a Tree skirt. I am amazed how many people commented on it and will indeed finish it, maybe as a tablecloth or donation.



1 comment:

Vera said...

The carrots look tasty

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...