Monday 26 October 2020

Re-cut Sewcialites

One of the Sewcialites blocks I made was not good, I tried to jiggle it, iron it, stretch it... rubbish ! I binned it [after saving what I could for my leaders and Enders ] and started again. I suddenly remembered a ruler I bought on a trip to the USA many years ago, Bloc_Loc by USAUS, brilliant, all my half square triangles are now exactly what they should be. The grove in the ruler fits over the bump of the join making the ruler lay flat for trimming.
Sometimes we just forget what we have hiding in a cupboard. The new one is blue in the right hand corner.

The first five Sewcialites blocks and a picture of the completed project, but at one a week it will be next Summer before it’s complete.
I am using Dimples Fabric, just love that fabric it goes with anything . The white on white background has small snowflakes and a silver dot.
Look forward to the release of block number 6 on the 30th October.


1 comment:

Vera said...

Your choice of colours really works well, makes me want to get back into Patchwork

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...