Friday 16 October 2020

Like buses...

Like buses, you wait for hours for a bus and then along come three!!

In my case it was Christmas cushions... I have been making Christmas presents and decided to make three cushions for three different friends.

Ready for wrapping, someone please tell me why I make things that are so difficult to wrap?

Simple quilting to show off the tree.

This one had a white border, in fact all three are slightly different.

Dotty fabric from Doughty’s, red charm pack bought in Mablethorpe plus green from my stash.

Backings where all from my stash, including the zips that come in long lengths. I hate putting the zip fasteners on these zips but they do work out so much cheaper than buying normal zips.

I also collected my quilt from the Long arm quilter, Janie Rowthorn, this morning and I am delighted with it. As soon as I get the binding on I will post a picture. On leaving Janie in Gt Doddington I drove to Finedon plant nursery to buy some winter pansies to brighten up a couple of long tubs, and then got completely lost coming home seeing parts of Northamptonshire I had not seen before.
Talking of the Finedon nursery, they have just reopening their poly tunnels with a one way system, man oh man did that add to todays step count, felt I walked miles [slight exaggeration] to get to the pansies, but they have such nice plants it was worth it. I now need to find the energy to plant the 4 boxes of pansies, maybe I’ll leave that until tomorrow.


2 comments:

Vera said...

The cushions are lovely, useful gifts & will be loved

or-ar quilter said...

For wrapping, you can make fabric bags. Two gifts in one. :-)

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...