Sunday 4 October 2020

Halloween I’m ready

Normally, if you can remember what normal is, at this time of the month I would be buying Halloween sweets and carving a pumpkin. I love to see the local children and their parents dressing up and having fun together. I cannot see that happening this year with Covid still on the rampage.

Earlier in the year I found a seedling growing in my compost bin, looked like it might be a pumpkin, courgette or melon so I transplanted it into a pot and the leaves grew and grew and suddenly a flower appeared, how exciting, yes it does not take much to get excited at these strange times. The flower turned into a small bulb and I had great hopes for a large pumpkin.

This is the final result, even Chris said it’s too small to carve !! It will be my only Halloween decoration this year.
Still no idea what it is, but definitely not a courgette.
No sweets for the children will mean none to finish up afterwards, that’s a good thing I guess.


Everywhere in the garden is starting to look autumnal, but the succulents are doing well and add a lovely pop of green.
I am trying to cultivate a few in tiny pots.

The last time my sister came to visit she brought me a lovely bowl of succulents she had grown herself.

Such a cheery sight on my garden table.



No comments:

  Diana's funeral has now been arranged with Hollowells Funeral Directors. If anyone on this blog is interested in attending please go t...